I suggest you ...

Stop suggesting that my children should desire to be "Rock Stars"

Please Stop suggesting that my children should desire to be "rock stars". Most that I know have drug problems and tend to lack self restraint when it comes to being faithful to one partner. Definitely not something I want to encourage my children to be :-) So if you would replace "rock star" with something else like "you're awesome" that would be great.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dartydarty shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Why is this about rock stars

• Anonymous commented  · 

The rock star thing is enough to keep me from using the program for my 3 kids. We homeschool partly to avoid that kind of thing.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Rocks stares sound fun but you should start college and it will take a lout of money but it pays off
        Pluse you can earn money

Pulse this is splash math not a bout pop stars

• Anonymous commented  · 

Another vote here. My daughter has been playing this for two days and the only question she had was "why does he keep calling me a rock star?" I diverted her attention cause well...how do I answer that without making fame and fortune seem like a worthy goal for a five year old?

• CommonSenseCommonSense commented  · 

Really, Jake Walker, ADMIN??? I don't think you need votes to realize this parent is correct. I probably wouldn't have ever noticed it, but I think it would be a great improvement. This probably only matters to those parents whom know some shows, like SpongeBob, are a poor influence on their young children's behavior, but some people do realize the messages taught to younger people are more impressionable than direct suggestions to older people.

• mthomsonmthomson commented  · 

AGREE- Please change to YOU ARE AWESOME!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I totally agree with changing "Rock Star" to "You're Awesome". Encouraging words for doing well is wonderful, but suggesting a Career choice to kids because they do well in their Math App is not helpful, especially if it is unrelated to math. To some kids it can become confusing. Believe me, I understand that it is meant as a harmless suggestion, & the majority probably don't even notice. But unfortunately there are some who will think that someone is telling them that they should be a rock star. To be honest I came across this comment by pure accident today. I received an email for a discount on Splash Math for the summer. Noticing it showed my child in 2nd grade, (now in 4th), I pulled up the website to try to change it & wondered why we stopped using Splash Math. Then I came across this comment & remembered..., it was because of the "Rock Star", etc comments that were made throughout the app. This is a GREAT app/program, but it seems like, "U Rock", "Awesome Job", etc..., would be better suited to a learning app. Thanks. :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

This app is cool for my child thank you slash math thank you so much

Feedback and Knowledge Base